EASO Continuing Education
EASO offers the Curriculum Program, taught in two seminars, basic 101 and basic 102, to teach Syntonic Optometry - Syntonic Phototherapy and how this special science can be integrated in your Optometric practice.
This full educational program has been set up which leeds to a Fellowship Program.
Behavioral Syntonic Optometrists who wish to further develop their knowledge in Syntonic Optometry, EASO has elaborated Advanced Syntonic Optometry Topics.
- Only Optometrists*, Optometry Students, and or BOAF-EASO / SIODEC members are admitted to the EASO Continuing Education courses, seminars and workshops, organized in Europe. (*Being a Behavioral Optometrist is advisable to understand the depth of the full EASO-Program)
- EASO Flyer →
Basic Curriculum 101 - SYNTONIC OPTOMETRY
- A two-day basic course, provides participants with in depth knowledge of Syntonic Optometry - Syntonic phototherapy history, theory and hands-on application of the basic syntonic diagnostic and clinical protocols. Attendees will learn to look for the source of common visual problems through visual field, pupil and binocular testing unique to syntonics and to apply light to rebalance and remediate the symptoms. Attendees will receive a certificate of Basic Syntonic Course EASO - which is recognized and accepted in full by CSO.
- Course Content 101 →
BASIC CURRICULUM 102 - SYNTONIC OPTOMETRY
- A two-day advanced course taught at a later date (after curriculum 101), will combine theory and practical experience for direct integration into optometric practice. It will broaden knowledge of Syntonics and expand its use for a wider range of patients with more complex problems using advanced filter combinations, interlacing of color visual fields and morphological analysis.
- Course Content 102 →
Examination & Fellowship
- By EASO-BOAF/SIODEC / CSO
- Following both Basic courses 101 & 102, delegates can elect to take the EASO-BOAF / SIODEC / CSO exam in Syntonics.
Successful completion of the 2 Basic courses 101 & 102, examination and minimum 2 years BOAF/SIODEC-membership leads to Fellowship of EASO-European Academy of Syntonic Optometry, BOAF-Behavioral Optometry Academy Foundation and CSO-College of Syntonic Optometry ( Extra CSO membership is required).
The Fellowship exam includes: written exam, oral exam, three case presentations, 1article review and 1 book review. The three cases, article review and book review, must be presented with a powerpoint presentation at the oral exam. Mentoring is available for applicants.
Only for CSO Members: After minimum 2 years of fellowship a CSO-Ph.D. program may be attended. Contact the CSO-education staff for more information on this Ph.D. program.
Advanced Syntonic Optometry Topics
The world we live in is completely different now than it was just 10 years ago! Just think of whether we knew what digital & social media was 10 years ago?? These changes have had a huge impact on perception, especially in the visual system. We as Behavioral Syntonic Optometrist see this every day. Increasingly, our patients are not responding to our standard testing and therapy methods. The output of their functional visual fields are getting smaller. The number of applications they need to achieve sustainability is increasing. The questions which arise are: What can we do and how should we proceed?
This is the genesis of New EASO seminars, workshops and lectures on Behavioral Syntonic Optometry.
- Syntonic Optometry ”Next Generation“ Part1
Syntonic Optometry ”Next Generation“ Part2
Syntonic Optometry “Next Generation" Part3
Focal & Local Syntonic Optometry
How to use Syntonic filters during traditional VT activities
Endocrine-system / Their Reaction on light
Nociception (pain) & Light Stress
The influence of Syntonic filters on Posture and Balance
Syntonic Optometry - An experience with retinal detachment
Fast Track Vision Therapy
You want to be a part of the EASO Family and learn about Syntonic Optometry?
- Step on the EASO-Bus
- Find Out How →
As a Behavioral Syntonic Optometrist you should read the proposed literature over and over again.
- “In Syntony" by Stefan Collier - In this mini guide you can find an outline on how to apply Syntonic Optometry in an Optometric Office - ©2011 ISBN: 9783842353039 - Available trough BOD GmbH or on different online Bookstores.
- "The Syntonic Principle - Its Relation to Health and Ocular Problems" By H.R. Spitler - ©1941 - Available trough The College of Syntonic Optometry (CSO).
- “The Journals - Syntonic Optometry - Available trough The College of Syntonic Optometry (CSO).
- “The Blue Book" - Available trough The College of Syntonic Optometry (CSO).
photography provided by Jared Chambers.